What causes ghostly or paranormal activity?
However, these abilities are much more than that. Individuals possessing this ability are also able to affect the normal
operation of electrical devices and appliances, including cameras and other recording equipment.
Studies have been done in the U.S. on this ability, and more extensive studies were conducted in the former Soviet Union.
Evidence for this ability exists, but more study must be conducted to determine the extent of this ability in individuals
who possess it.
- Some people theorize that paranormal activity and the evidence that we collect of it
is caused by telekinesis or psychokinesis. This is popularly known as the ability to move objects with one's mind.
Albert Einstein said that energy cannot be created or destroyed,
it can only change from one form to another.
- What does this have to do with ghosts? Well, when we are alive,we have electrical energy in our bodies. It is what makes our muscles move, among other things.
- Our body itself is made up of chemical compounds, but it is powered by electrical impulses in the brain. When we die, our body's chemical compounds start to decompose. What happens to the electricity that was in our body, causing our heart to beat and making our breathing possible? There is no easy answer to that
- Some religions teach that this energy passes into another realm of existence. That is one explanation, and maybe we do.
- The important information that we get from Einstein's theory is that this energy always exists. The electrical nature of this energy could explain the disruptions in electrical equipment and unusual readings on EMF detectors that often accompany paranormal events!
It has been said that Edison is the greatest inventor who ever lived. Although that opinion of him may have dimmed somewhat in this advanced technological age, we cannot deny that he
laid the foundation for many of the conveniences that we enjoy today.
I have read that towards the end of his life he
worked on a secret invention - a machine that would allow the living to see and interact with the souls of the dead.
I saw a movie about this machine on FOX family. (I know, I know , don't say it) In the movie this machine really worked!
It would be nice if this were true, but some people thought Edison had lost his mind. Although people believed he was on the
verge of a breakthrough, to my knowledge this research was not really taken seriously and Edison's machine remains
The truth is that we simply don't know what ghosts are composed of or what enables them to appear at some times
and not at others. Many researchers are working on the answer.
I have often advanced the theory that we are attempting to
evaluate these things with equipment that is designed to evaluate objects that exist in our 3 dimensions.
If ghosts exist outside the third dimension, then it stands to reason that these tools will be ineffective at best for
studying them! I liken this dilemma to attempting to render a three dimensional object on a two diemnsional surface (paper).
You just can't accurately represent it!
Another truth is that there are some people out there that fake ghost photos,encounters, etc. Maybe they like the
challenge of fooling people, maybe they want attention, or maybe they are mentally ill and out of touch with reality.
These people do serious damage to our research!
Those of us who are serious researchers would never fake any piece of
evidence, because we know that these events do occur as we describe them. We know that ghosts exist. We know that they
can be recorded on tape and film.This has been documented by several
surveillance cameras, investigators with video recorders, and professional and amateur
photographers. If we "fake" evidence, that would be an admission that we believe that they cannot be
documented. View some compelling images of paranormal activity on our Real Ghosts page.